Roofing is an integral part of any construction project. A well installed roofing frame should effectively transfer all its weight to the building’s exterior walls, relieving the load from the interior walls.
Steel or timber roof? Which is right for me?
Timber Roofing | Pros
- Cheaper to install than steel roofs.
- Ongoing maintenance cost is relatively cheaper than steel roofs.
- Increasingly popular in the traditional build industry
- Aesthetic freedom
Timber Roofing | Cons
- Woods rot and are highly susceptible to insect infestation. They also don’t last forever. Today, we hardly get matured woods from the sawmill
- Bend and warp when subjected to elements eg. leaky plumbing, overexposure to ☀️ 🌧 and 🤒 weather conditions.